A member of B & H’s auction staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
All bidders agree to the terms and conditions as stated.
- All bidders must use an assigned number to buy. You must present your driver’s license in order to receive a bidder number. Highest bidder shall be the ultimate buyer.
- Please examine all merchandise as items are sold as is, where is with no guarantee either express or implied. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. No refunds or exchanges. Possession is transferred when you successfully win high bid at time of sale. Small items will be stored in our smalls booth until you present a paid receipt for pick up. Larger items and furniture will be tagged with your buyer number and set aside, in order to load these items you must present your receipt to a staff member to verify purchase. We may describe an item being sold to the best of our knowledge, but you must bid and buy according to your own discretion as we can make mistakes. It is the bidder’s responsibility to determine the exact condition/authenticity of each item. No statement in writing or verbally by our representatives shall be considered as a warranty or assumption of liability. Written and oral descriptions given by our staff members are given as a courtesy to a client, are only an opinion, and should not be considered as a guarantee of age, composition, or authenticity. By bidding, you signify that you have either closely examined the items, have chosen not to examine them, or have hired an independent agent to examine the item(s) for you.
- All sales are subject to a 13% buyer's premium, with cash and check payments discounted to a 10% premium. Items must be paid for by or at the end of sale by cash, pre-approved good check, Mastercard, VISA, American Express or Discover. All sales are subject to a 5.3% Virginia sales tax, unless we have a current tax exempt form on file for you. There will be a minimum $30.00 service charge on all returned checks. For purchase of an automobile, titles will not be given until vehicle is paid in full by guaranteed funds, or after the check for payment has cleared, unless a bank letter of credit has been filed with our office prior to the day of auction. Please check with us during a legal business day to file a bank letter of credit or to gain approval for writing a check for a large sum of money.
- Absentee and phone bids are accepted. These bids will be charged a 15% buyer's premium. There is a minimum $15.00 shipping charge on any item shipped by UPS, FED EX or USPS.
- Arrangements may be made to pick up purchases another day. Please call first for an appointment. Receipt must be presented for pickup. B & H shall not be held liable for any loss or damage of merchandise left on premises. Any items left over 14 days will be subject to a storage fee. Any items left over 30 days may be resold and any proceeds after commission will be applied to storage.
- Auctioneer reserves right to settle any disputes or to resell any item if there is a tie bid and may divide or combine lots at his discretion.
- B & H Auction, Inc. and its associates shall not be held liable for any loss including but not limited to fire, theft, accident or injury.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a firearm, additionally you must be 21 or older to purchase a handgun. An out of state resident may purchase a handgun in Virginia, but the transfer must be completed by a licensed FFL and purchaser is responsible for any associated fees. You must be legally able to purchase a firearm.
- Any announcements made day of sale take precedence over printed matter.
We are constantly striving to make your auction sale experience enjoyable and pleasant. If, for any reason, we fail to achieve this, please let one of our staff members know how we can improve. We appreciate all of our customers, and look forward to seeing all of you at our next sale.